About this site and myself
Welcome to the inevitable "about me" page. I update this page now and then with some background info about me, the "what" and "why" I'm doing this.
First, this site started as a tumblr in 2012. It was a place for me to host my images and write a few words about them. After I returned from a trip to Las Vegas during which I used my iPhone more and more as the main camera, I wrote about that on my tumblr. More and more people became interested in the "iPhone photography" topic and so I moved the site to Squarespace and now write more about how I use my iPhone as the only camera to shoot, edit, manage and share my travel photos on the go.
But I guess you came to this page to also get a glimpse about me, the person behind this site. So, hi, I'm Chris Feichtner and live in the beautiful city of Vienna, Austria. Nice to meet you.
I've been told that people don't like to read looooong text online, so here's a easy digestible bullet-point bio about me:
- Got my first camera at the age of twelve (that was over 30 years ago!) for a trip to the U.S.
- I have a degree in computer science with a focus on information systems
- I shot and documented concerts and events for a local picture agency here in Vienna for 10 years, before I turned to travel photography.
- In 2012 I first started to experiment with iPhone Photography during a trip to Las Vegas. Amazed by the results of the iPhone camera, I sold my DSLR once I got back home and since then use only an iPhone on my travels
- I shoot mainly land- and cityscapes and occasionally you can find me exploring lost places
- I travel mainly in Europe.